Why Follow?

Let me be an encouragement to you that you may see there is joy in surrendering your time to the Lord. Join me in spending the first part of your day with our Savior! I recommend journaling and meditating on what you see in the Word...

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bring your son to work day!

Philippians 1:6
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

Personalize it, pray it method:
Be assured, Jeff, I have begun a good work in you that I will see through to completion by the full measure of my power.  This work will not be simple and you will be challenged, but I promise you that I am in control of all things and I will bring you across the finish line complete, lacking in nothing.  Jeff, it is I who began this work and it is I that will sustain it.  Who do you suppose can stop me?  Then do not fret, and do not be concerned with your performance.  Merely put your trust in me and surrender daily to the direction that I give you.  You will have opportunity each day to partner in this work I am doing in you by your surrender, your obedience.

I am sure of this Lord God, that it IS you who begun this work in me and that it IS you who sustains it.  It IS your good pleasure and your grace that pulls me along and I pray that you would grant me the faith to fully surrender each day to the work you lay out before me toward this end of bringing me to the finish line complete, lacking in nothing.  Let me not fear this partnership and let me recognize the work that you bring me into that I may engage and enjoy seeing you at work...for it is YOU who is accomplishing your will in me, not myself.

1 Corinthians 1:4-9
Thanksgiving
4 I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus, 5 that in every way you were enriched in him in all speech and all knowledge— 6 even as the testimony about Christ was confirmed among you— 7 so that you are not lacking in any spiritual gift, as you wait for the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 8 who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Philippians 2:12-13
Lights in the World
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

Application:
Today I am to trust only in you to sustain the work you are doing in my heart and in my family and all around me.  I shall not rest on my ability or on my performance or on my emotions (good or bad) to be my assurance of this.  Rather, I shall rest upon your promise in Philippians 1:6.  I will rest in your sovereign grace knowing that you will work your good pleasure in me.

Today I am to labor along side you Lord and I shall enjoy getting dirty with full knowledge that you're at the wheel.  You merely let me join in the labor with you but it's like bring your son to work day, every day!

Today I am to face my responsibilities at work with confidence that, while I am working at what seems unrelated to my relationship with you, you are at work in me and I can lean on your faithfulness each moment.  I am also to respond obediently to those things you have put on my heart to accomplish this day...to contact Jay about the resolution, to complete the coordination of Ushers for Easter, to email the prayer requests.  In all these things I need not worry about my performance or the result but I can enjoy the fact that you allow me to participate in the work you are doing.  Let me be faithful with what you prepare for me Lord.

Prayer:
Thank you Lord for bringing me into this work and for capturing my heart.  Please let me not get in the way of what you are doing in me or with me.  Pease let there be more of you and less of me each day as you grant me the faith to be a doer.  As you let me hear your voice Lord, please give me the trust to immediately act in assurance that it is not about me.  May it not be me who lives, but Christ who lives in me...daily.

Lord let me be guiltless concerning this work in me as you describe in 1Corinthians above.  Let me have absolute confidence in your power, but let me come before you with fear and trembling knowing that I come with sin and imperfection before a holy God.  Grant me humility and let me not lose sight of my depravity and inability to accomplish this work in myself.

Thank you for this day ahead of me Lord, please continue to reveal to me where I am to surrender and let me hear your voice as I walk.  In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Jeff - Thank you for the encouraging words, that everyday I get to be a part of Gods Plan as he works in me and through me. May Gods staff continue guiding, diciplining and protecting you until the completion of his miraculous work in you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, man. I love you! Let us unite as warriors set to conquer the hearts of men around us to the glory of God that we might all live in surrender to our Savior!! Lets plan that getaway for prayer and fasting...

      Delete
  2. Thank you for standing with me.
    prov 17:17.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting- I will probably post it if you dont seem to be a crazy person!