Why Follow?

Let me be an encouragement to you that you may see there is joy in surrendering your time to the Lord. Join me in spending the first part of your day with our Savior! I recommend journaling and meditating on what you see in the Word...

Monday, April 16, 2012

I Love You Fiercely

Today's Reading: Genesis 29-30, Luke 12
Luke 12:4-7
4 “I tell you, my friends, do not fear those who kill the body, and after that have nothing more that they can do. 5 But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him! 6 Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. 7 Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows.


Personalize it method (Rick Warren's 40 Days in the Word):
James 4:12
There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?
Jeff, yesterday I told you to understand that I am a fierce God and that you need to start with fear.  But fear not as my love is great. Know that once you fear me, there is no reason to fear anything at all.  As much as you need to be aware of my power and your depravity, know that I value you.  Know that I love you.  Yes, of yourself you deserve to be cast into hell by my justice and faithfulness.  However, My love made a way and now you can rest in the knowledge that I have authority over all.  This includes authority over anything or anyone that would have the ability to hurt you.

Jeff, know that nothing has the ability to harm you apart from my care and control.  See how I care for the least of my creation...
Psalms 50:11
I know all the birds of the hills, and all that moves in the field is mine.

Matthew 6:26
Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
Calvin's Commentaries on the sparrows-
In the nature of things, I do acknowledge there is uncertainty: but I maintain that nothing happens through a blind revolution of chance, for all is regulated by the will of God.
I am a fierce God that loves you Jeff.  Who shall take you from my hand?  Who should be against you?
Romans 8:31-39
31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 33 Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised— who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36 As it is written,
“For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Does this not bring you joy?  Does my strength not bring you joyfully but humbly before me in absolute surrender?  Have assurance Jeff that I do work all things out for good as I promise without any challenge or strain...
Romans 8:28-29
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. 29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
Notice Jeff that I define good as your conformance to the image of My Son.  This molding of your original sinful nature into christ likeness will take a lot of transformation and this often comes with what you might see as trials, challenges, suffering.  But I do promise you that it is for your good.  Have peace therefore in all circumstances!

Now see Jeff that you must confess Me before men and I will confess you before the Father unto your salvation...
Romans 10:9-10
because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

Revelation 3:5
The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels.
But also know Jeff, that I am serious about dealing with those who do not receive the gift of My Holy Spirit...
Luke 12:8-10
8 “And I tell you, everyone who acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man also will acknowledge before the angels of God, 9 but the one who denies me before men will be denied before the angels of God. 10 And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but the one who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

Matthew 25:12-13
But he answered, ‘Truly, I say to you, I do not know you. ’ 13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour.

Hebrews 10:28-31
Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses. 29 How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has trampled underfoot the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
ESV Study Bible Notes on blaspheming the Holy Spirit-
This sin is committed today only by unbelievers who deliberately and unchangeably reject the ministry of the Holy Spirit in calling them to salvation.
2 Timothy 2:11-13
11 The saying is trustworthy, for:
If we have died with him, we will also live with him; 12 if we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us; 13 if we are faithless, he remains faithful— for he cannot deny himself.
See Jeff that Death with My Son is contrasted against denying Him...Endurance is contrasted against faithlessness.  If you die and endure, you will reign with Him.  If you deny Him and are faithless He will deny you faithfully.  You must die and endure!

See that I am faithful to judge...
Romans 3:3-6
What if some were unfaithful? Does their faithlessness nullify the faithfulness of God? 4 By no means! Let God be true though every one were a liar, as it is written,
“That you may be justified in your words, and prevail when you are judged.”
5 But if our unrighteousness serves to show the righteousness of God, what shall we say? That God is unrighteous to inflict wrath on us? ( I speak in a human way.) 6 By no means! For then how could God judge the world?
So again, you must endure Jeff.  You need to band together and keep each other awake...
1 Thessalonians 5:6
So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober.

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
Jeff have confidence in going out and casting a net and fishing for men.  I will give you the words...
Luke 12:11-12
And when they bring you before the synagogues and the rulers and the authorities, do not be anxious about how you should defend yourself or what you should say, 12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”

Matthew 10:19-20
When they deliver you over, do not be anxious how you are to speak or what you are to say, for what you are to say will be given to you in that hour. 20 For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
So with the men you travel the path with, the men you are lashed together with, that you are bound to- Be sober minded and put away lust of the eyes...
Luke 12:15
And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”

Luke 12:19-21
And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.”’ 20 But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be? ’ 21 So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God.”

Matthew 6:19-21
19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Luke 12:22-23, 31-32
22 And he said to his disciples, “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing...31 Instead, seek his kingdom, and these things will be added to you. 32 “Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
So surrender your will to Mine each day and prepare for My Son's return!
Luke 12:35-37
35 “Stay dressed for action and keep your lamps burning, 36 and be like men who are waiting for their master to come home from the wedding feast, so that they may open the door to him at once when he comes and knocks. 37 Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will dress himself for service and have them recline at table, and he will come and serve them.
Application:
Today I will recognize that I need to fear any other than my Lord.
Today I will speak boldly and stand for His kingdom knowing that He, the Holy Spirit, will give me the words.
Today I will put aside the lust of the eyes.  I will put aside a quest for belongings and comfort.
Today I will build others up that we all remain awake and alert, awaiting our redeemer.
Today I will have courage; because who can be against me?

Prayer:
Lord thank you for loving me so.  Thank you that although your power and holiness and immenseness is frightening, you tell me not to fear.  Once I accept that I should fear you and accept that I am under your power wether I surrender or not, I thank you that you ask me to rise and to see your love.  Let me consider your nature as I walk through my day that I might not accept sinful thought or actions in my body that is your temple.  Lord please give me courage to step out and live your purpose.  Please let your strength and your love be for me a well of courage to take on this life that you have given me.  May this courage cause me to take responsibility and to gladly bear the weight for the sake of your glory.

In Jesus name I pray, amen.

Soli Deo Gloria!
View blog from a computer or iPad for more content.

1 comment:

  1. Jeff, I'm so excited about your blog, that I will share it with others that may benefit from the read. ( I see that you have provided a means to share it using the various social media or e-mail. ) love dad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting- I will probably post it if you dont seem to be a crazy person!