Why Follow?

Let me be an encouragement to you that you may see there is joy in surrendering your time to the Lord. Join me in spending the first part of your day with our Savior! I recommend journaling and meditating on what you see in the Word...

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Live Worthy, the price was great

Philippians 1:27
Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel,

Personalize it, Pray it method:
Jeff- Be certain that you conduct yourself in light of the message that you take forth for my name's sake.  Whether you are in public or private, let me see that you are standing firm and laboring together with your band of brothers for the active faith needed to spread my message to the unbelievers and to make disciples.  Be sure you do not allow your old nature to rule you and do not be double minded because that is not what I have called you to and does not further my message, but rather that lifestyle will damage the kingdom.

And more Jeff- I sent my only Son to die on a cross for your sake.  He suffered at the hand of His creation and He was separated from Me on the cross.  I had to turn my back to Him in order to buy your salvation.  I am the Holy God of all creation and I need do nothing but my good pleasure.  Yet, it pleases me to bring you into relationship with me and I made great sacrifice to accomplish that.  So tell me- what does a life "worthy" of my message of grace look like?  Do you suppose that I want you to be nice to people and to watch your language and to remember to tithe?  Do you think I want you to try to fit my message into your life?  Is it your life that you live?  How is it that you are breathing right now?  Who has provided every good thing and your actual existence?

Jeff- A manner of life worthy of the gospel of Christ is a life fully surrendered to me.  A life that considers all things secondary to Me.

Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

That is the life worthy of the gospel that I have called you to.  You need to partner with other godly men to truly attain this and to daily stand on top of this wall.

Pray it:
Lord please grant me faith to walk uprightly in the path that you lead me.  May I never allow double-mindedness or the flesh have rule over me again, but may I yield to your Holy Spirit according to 2 Chronicles

2 Chronicles 30:8
Do not now be stiff- necked as your fathers were, but yield yourselves to the Lord and come to his sanctuary, which he has consecrated forever, and serve the Lord your God, that his fierce anger may turn away from you.

Lord please bond me together with the surrendered men around me that we may together strive for your gospel to make disciples and bring surrender to more hearts for your glory.

Lord thank you for the sacrifice you made in order to bring this gospel message.  Let me take seriously the gospel message in my life that I would daily surrender my comfort, my schedule, my ambitions, my plan, my being to your Lordship.

Application:
Today I am to consider the gospel message in everything I do so that I am certain to live worthy of the message of Christ, the message of grace by faith as a gift from God.

Today I am to invest in other men around me and partner with them for your glory.  I will be an encourager and I will strive to bring the band shoulder to shoulder walking in the path you give us.

Today I am to take every thought captive in order to not let false teaching or sin reign in me or in my brothers around me according to 2 Corinthians

2 Corinthians 10:3-5
For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. 5 We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,

Prayer:
Lord let me apply this directive today.  Please empty me and fill me with your Spirit that you may reign in me.  Thank you Lord for the joy and satisfaction that you bring as I surrender to you and as I look with open eyes at my life.  Please fill me with boldness and resolve to stand firm as the price paid for the message you have given me is great.

Thank you Lord for choosing me for your service.  Please empower me and equip me to go and spread your gospel message as the striving of my life.  In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Lord I pray for Jeff as I also pray for me, that daily we will live, breath, speak,serve,teach,fight for you and your will in a way that proves your existence in our lives. May love be the greatest attribute that comes from surrendering to you. May you draw men to Jeff that hunger for a closer, richer relationship with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting- I will probably post it if you dont seem to be a crazy person!