Why Follow?

Let me be an encouragement to you that you may see there is joy in surrendering your time to the Lord. Join me in spending the first part of your day with our Savior! I recommend journaling and meditating on what you see in the Word...

Friday, July 6, 2012

Fear Not!


Today's Reading: Psalm 23:4


Fear NOT!-

Psalm 23:4 (ESV)  Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
  for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

Thank you Lord that I need not fear anything at all that would be known to cause fright or that would indicate danger. Thank you that you warn me of this valley that I will from time to time walk through. My emotions no doubt may be swayed at the shallowest level to see the dangers for what they are but your Word and your promises and your care for me, represented by your rod and staff, are my strength. I need not fear because my survival is not up to me and my efforts. My survival is not my own work. 

Psalm 3:6 (ESV)  I will not be afraid of many thousands of people
who have set themselves against me all around.
 
Psalm 27:1–3 (ESV)  The Lord is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
  The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?
  When evildoers assail me
to eat up my flesh,
  my adversaries and foes,
it is they who stumble and fall.
  Though an army encamp against me,
my heart shall not fear;
  though war arise against me,
yet I will be confident.
 
Psalm 46:1–3 (ESV)  God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.
  Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
  though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah
 
Psalm 118:6–7 (ESV)  The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.
What can man do to me?
  The Lord is on my side as my helper;
I shall look in triumph on those who hate me.
 
Psalm 138:7 (ESV)  Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
you preserve my life;
  you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies,
and your right hand delivers me.
 
Isaiah 41:10 (ESV) 10  fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
  I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
 
Isaiah 43:1 (ESV)43 But now thus says the Lord,
  he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
  “Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
Lord thank you that I am yours. Thank you that care for me like a father and you have all power to fulfill all of your purposes without exception. Let me learn to be deeply comforted by this truth and let me not fear or be discouraged or be worried about circumstances in my life. Though my flesh may immediately react according to my own self protection Lord, let my Spirit overcome immediately by the testimony of your own Spirit in my heart that I would surrender to you and that I would gladly give up my right to be afraid. Please teach me not to lean on my own efforts to protect and to control my circumstances Lord but let me rely on you and let me be certain to follow your lead and wait for your timing Lord. Let me remain put when your cloud remains over the tabernacle and let me set out only when you lift the cloud as to indicate the time to move. 

Let me remember Isaiah, who you gave a vision of your might and power to in a time when Israel was reeling from the death of their King by leprosy. Nothing was good, there was fear and uncertainty but yet you chose that timing to reveal yourself in an amazing way to Isaiah. Let me hear O Lord, during my darkest hour, the shout of the seraphs at your throne that I would remember your might and authority and the fact that there is nothing over which you have not dominion and authority. 

Soli Deo Gloria!
View blog from a computer or iPad for more content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting- I will probably post it if you dont seem to be a crazy person!