Why Follow?

Let me be an encouragement to you that you may see there is joy in surrendering your time to the Lord. Join me in spending the first part of your day with our Savior! I recommend journaling and meditating on what you see in the Word...

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

More Than Information


Today's Reading: Mark 1:21-28



And the Word became flesh-


Mark 1:21–22 (ESV)
21 And they went into Capernaum, and immediately on the Sabbath he entered the synagogue and was teaching. 22 And they were astonished at his teaching, for he taught them as one who had authority, and not as the scribes.


See that my Son taught not as a learned scholar or one who leans on another's lessons Jeff but He spoke directly to them as the Word Himself. Can you imagine yourself listening to Jesus give a sermon? Have you heard anointed preaching? I suggest Jeff that you have not heard teaching like these heard this day. My Son imparted knowledge here that they received in a way they had never experienced previously. See that truth and revelation of spiritual things is a gift that requires my intervention Jeff. Man does not have the ability to understand the Word of God wihtout me opening the eyes…

1 Corinthians 2:14 (ESV)
14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

Deuteronomy 29:4 (ESV)
But to this day the Lord has not given you a heart to understand or eyes to see or ears to hear.

Psalm 119:18 (ESV)
 18  Open my eyes, that I may behold 
wondrous things out of your law.

Ephesians 1:17–19 (ESV)
17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, 18 having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might

Isaiah 50:4 (ESV)
  The Lord God has given me 
the tongue of those who are taught, 
  that I may know how to sustain with a word 
him who is weary. 
  Morning by morning he awakens; 
he awakens my ear 
to hear as those who are taught.

Daniel 2:22 (ESV)
 22  he reveals deep and hidden things; 
he knows what is in the darkness, 
and the light dwells with him.

Proverbs 9:10 (ESV)
 10  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, 
and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight.

So understand Jeff that a proper fear of who I am and a willingness to receive my instruction is necessary for you to understand my Word. I also choose when I will open your heart to understand so come in prayer when you want to hear my Word and acknowledge your reliance on my Son.  See that Jesus was able to open their eyes like none before Him and this was the beginning of His teaching ministry. Know that my Son has all authority and the Holy Spirit that He sent will give you testimony and insight...

John 14:26 (ESV)
26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

John 16:13 (ESV)
13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.



Knowledge alone does not bring understanding or obedience-


Mark 1:23–24 (ESV)
23 And immediately there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit. And he cried out, 24 “What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God.”

See that I have immediately supplied a lesson in how hearing the Word and not applying it damages your soul. 

James 1:22 (ESV)
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

See that simply knowing what the bible says or believing that I exist is nothing more than what Satan and his demons do. Memorizing my Word and believing that I exist to the depths of your soul without surrendering your heart to me is unbelief Jeff. I call you to trust my Son, not to just see Him. This demon, or maybe a number of demons represented by the one speaking, knew the truth and knew exactly who stood before them and they feared. Rejoice Jeff that you will never need to fear me as an enemy but only as the one who has rescued you from a terrible fate of which you should still tremble. 

See that your life should be transformed and you should be entirely different if you have my Son Jeff…

2 Corinthians 5:17 (ESV)
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

2 Corinthians 3:18 (ESV)
18 And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Also note that there is surely more to this world than what you plainly see Jeff. The material world is alluring and deceptive but know that this man was probably not new to the synagogue but none could see the spiritual like Jesus did. Do not be fooled into thinking that you live merely in a material world. 



All authority and power over His creation-


Mark 1:25–27 (ESV)
25 But Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be silent, and come out of him!” 26 And the unclean spirit, convulsing him and crying out with a loud voice, came out of him. 27 And they were all amazed, so that they questioned among themselves, saying, “What is this? A new teaching with authority! He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey him.”

Matthew 11:27 (ESV)
27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

Matthew 28:18–20 (ESV)
18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Your savior is all powerful, eternal, and infinite Jeff. Jesus has subjected Himself to human form but his essence remains infinite as I and the Spirit are also without measure. See that this infers that my power, His power, and my magnificence is unending. Jeff, I am unstoppable. I am irresistible. I am equally greater and more powerful than Satan as I am a cucumber Jeff. Both of these are my creation and they have measure…I am without measure. Who can come against you?

Application and prayer:
  • Today I will pray for wisdom and understanding by revelation of the Holy Spirit
  • Today I will seek the Lord in His Word and I will ask for the Spirit to illuminate it
  • Today I will thank the Lord for opening my eyes and for revealing himself to me
  • Today I will choose to walk in obedience and I will surrender my heart in response to His call
Thank you Lord that you are all powerful and I need not fear anything but you. Thank you that you choose to demonstrate your grace and that you bring salvation that is independent of my works. Thank you that the enemy is powerless over you and that you are my strong tower. Teach me to see and know spiritual truth and give me discernment to know when there are spiritual forces at work Lord. Teach me to bear your armor described in Eph 6:10-20. Please reveal yourself regularly to me in your Word and give me understanding of your truth that I can apply it to my life daily. I ask this in Jesus name, amen.

Soli Deo Gloria!
View blog from a computer or iPad for more content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting- I will probably post it if you dont seem to be a crazy person!