Why Follow?

Let me be an encouragement to you that you may see there is joy in surrendering your time to the Lord. Join me in spending the first part of your day with our Savior! I recommend journaling and meditating on what you see in the Word...

Friday, April 6, 2012

Abel's Surrender

Today's Reading: Genesis 3-5, Luke 2

SPADES Method (Kent Spark's adaptation of Rick Warren's SPACEPETS):

Genesis 4:3-7
In the course of time Cain brought to the Lord an offering of the fruit of the ground, 4 and Abel also brought of the firstborn of his flock and of their fat portions. And the Lord had regard for Abel and his offering, 5 but for Cain and his offering he had no regard. So Cain was very angry, and his face fell. 6 The Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry, and why has your face fallen? 7 If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it.”




Sin to confess-
Lord, forgive me for thinking for so long that I could tithe and serve and perform various acts of religious commitment without completely offering my heart in full surrender to you.  I do not believe Cain's offering itself was the problem.  Rather, Cain did not bring his offering in faith with a pure heart...

1 John 3:12
We should not be like Cain, who was of the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own deeds were evil and his brother's righteous.

1 Samuel 16:7
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”


Promise to claim-
Lord, thank you that you are well pleased when I humble myself and submit to your Lordship.  Thank you for blessing me in my doing.

James 1:25
But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.


Thank you Lord that you will regard my offering that is brought in faith and in sincerity. Thank you that you do not look for empty actions but for obedience in faith.

Attitude to change-
Lord, help me to not become frustrated or respond with selfishness when my plans are not in alignment with yours.  Let me be content and accepting of your will regardless of where it takes me Lord.

Decision to make-
Lord, let me choose to deny myself each day that I may yield to you.  May I not give room for sin to pounce on me as it lies waiting to devour me.

Entreaty-
Lord please bless me with faith.  Please continue to renew my mind and cleanse my heart.  I pray that I would not be double minded in any way but would wholly surrender to you each day to the measure that you reveal.  Please reveal to me today where I am needing to surrender.  Please guide me today in your will.

Something to praise God for-
Lord I praise you for the way you are working in my life.  I praise you for the way you are working in my family and amongst my friends.  Please continue to ignite a fire within all of us to seek first your kingdom.

In Jesus name I pray.

Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting- I will probably post it if you dont seem to be a crazy person!