Why Follow?

Let me be an encouragement to you that you may see there is joy in surrendering your time to the Lord. Join me in spending the first part of your day with our Savior! I recommend journaling and meditating on what you see in the Word...

Saturday, April 28, 2012

To See or Not to See

Today's Reading: Exodus 9-11; Luke 24
Exodus 9:34 (ESV)34 But when Pharaoh saw that the rain and the hail and the thunder had ceased, he sinned yet again and hardened his heart, he and his servants.

Personalize it method (Rick Warren's 40 Days in the Word): Lord, please illuminate your Word today and show me what you are saying, amen.


Jeff- see that Pharaoh was eased into that hardened heart when things seemed to get better. Do not let circumstances drive your heart- always remember your standing with me and guard your heart at all times. Pharaoh heard the message from the Lord but he did not do.
James 1:22 (ESV)22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
Also Jeff, notice that I considered Pharaoh's hardening of his heart to be sin. This is meaningful because I already explained that I was intending that his heart be hardened from the beginning…
Exodus 10:1 (ESV)1 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go in to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the heart of his servants, that I may show these signs of mine among them,
So see that although I am sovereign, I still somehow allow for free will and I will hold everyone accountable for their actions. This you will probably not fully understand on this side of heaven because my ways are higher than your ways.
Isaiah 55:9 (ESV)9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. 
Exodus 11:10 (ESV)10 Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh, and the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he did not let the people of Israel go out of his land.
Jesus appears...
Luke 24:36–39 (ESV)36 As they were talking about these things, Jesus himself stood among them, and said to them, “Peace to you!” 37 But they were startled and frightened and thought they saw a spirit. 38 And he said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.”
See Jeff that my Son clearly appeared here not as a spirit only, but in the flesh. His resurrection was not merely in spirit. So too, you shall be raised in the lat day with a physical body- but a new one!
Philippians 3:21 (ESV)21 who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.
Jeff- See that the first point I make with the disciples is that they are being sent. I did not kill my Son on the cross so that you can be comfortable Jeff. I am calling you to go and make disciples…
John 20:19–21 (ESV)19 On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being locked where the disciples were for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.” 20 When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. 21 Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you.”
He opened their minds to understand...
Luke 24:44–47 (ESV)44 Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, 46 and said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, 47 and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.
See Jeff that I had to open their minds for them to understand everything I had previously shared with them here at that moment. Clearly they were not understanding the big picture and they were lost in their own attempts to understand what they thought was going to happen since they were clueless to expect my resurrection.


Come to me and ask for this illumination that my Holy Spirit can bring to you Jeff. Humble yourself before me and trust not in your skill to understand my Word. Pray that the Holy Spirit would tie it all together for you and reveal to you what I am saying to you. This is surely a good gift that your Father would not keep from you!
Matthew 7:11 (ESV)11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
Also see Jeff, that my Son's rising made way for the forgiveness of sins to all who would believe. This resurrection validated everything from the prophets foretelling of the Messiah and even my Son's claims while He walked with them. See that Jesus was done explaining lessons to them and now is telling them to take everything I told you and GO!!!
Matthew 28:19 (ESV)19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Application & Prayer:
Today I will pray that the Holy Spirit will illuminate the Word of God in my life that I might make application each time I read.


Today I will remember to guard my heart from hardening against the Lord.


Today I will trust that His resurrection validated His identity and gives ultimate purpose to my calling to make disciples.


Thank you Lord for revealing yourself in your Word. Please let me understand what your Word is telling me and give me the faith to be a doer. Please bless the harvest ahead of me and let me grab hold of your commission with zeal. Please help me to not lean on my strength but to rely wholly on you for my ability to answer the call.


In Jesus name I pray, amen.


Soli Deo Gloria!
View blog from a computer or iPad for more content.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting- I will probably post it if you dont seem to be a crazy person!