Why Follow?

Let me be an encouragement to you that you may see there is joy in surrendering your time to the Lord. Join me in spending the first part of your day with our Savior! I recommend journaling and meditating on what you see in the Word...

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pray for His Name's Sake

James 5:16
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.




Personalize it method (Rick Warren 40 days in the word):

Jeff, pray for the men around you.  Pray for one another that if anyone is hindered by sin that they might be healed and restored.  Do you know that I answer prayer?  Do you know that the prayer of the righteous person is powerful when it is offered up in action?  Do you know that I count on you to pray and to labor with me for the kingdom?  See what is written in Job...

Job 42:8
Now therefore take seven bulls and seven rams and go to my servant Job and offer up a burnt offering for yourselves. And my servant Job shall pray for you, for I will accept his prayer not to deal with you according to your folly. For you have not spoken of me what is right, as my servant Job has.”


See that I foreknew that Job was to pray for these men and I already determined to answer this prayer before it was offered.  Do you understand what I am saying?  I am sovereign and I will accomplish a work but I take pleasure in your surrender to my will and your participation in the battle is going to benefit others as you pray.  Jobs friends were good men but were in error and I determined to use Job's prayer as the power to influence then and restore them.  Are there purposes I have set forth for you to accomplish in prayer that lie in wait?  Are there purposes set forth for you to accomplish in prayer that I have had to give to a different vessel?

Jeff, get on your knees and know that I am God.  I have all power and authority over all things and I find pleasure in allowing the righteous, those made righteous by the blood of my Son through their absolute surrender to my will, to accomplish my purpose in powerful prayer.  Jeff, did I need Elijah to pray for fire from heaven or could I have simply delivered it?  Pray for one another and allow me to use your faithfulness to demonstrate the blessing and power available by surrender to my will.  Do you think Elijah was supernatural?  See what is written in James...

James 5:17
Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth.


Do you see that prayer is a partnership where you get to partake in the delivery of my will?  Do you see that my unending power can be manifested through prayer according to my will, according to my good pleasure?  Do you suppose that I should manifest this power through the prayer of one who is double minded?  One who is self centered?  One who is seeking first his own kingdom?  One who gives himself over to the flesh?  One who knows what is good and yet does not do it?  Would this serve to glorify my name?

What is it in answering prayer that pleases me Jeff?  Is it that you get what you want?  Is it that you are encouraged?  Is it that my purpose is accomplished?  You know that my purpose will be accomplished with or without your prayers.  See what is written...

Psalms 79:9
Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of your name; deliver us, and atone for our sins, for your name's sake!

Psalms 143:11
For your name's sake, O Lord, preserve my life! In your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble!

Isaiah 43:25
“I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.

Isaiah 48:9
“For my name's sake I defer my anger, for the sake of my praise I restrain it for you, that I may not cut you off.

1 Chronicles 16:28-31
Ascribe to the Lord, O clans of the peoples, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength! 29 Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; bring an offering and come before him! Worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness; 30 tremble before him, all the earth; yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved. 31 Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice, and let them say among the nations, “The Lord reigns!”


Jeff, what pleases me is letting my creation experience my glory.  I am pleased to answer your prayer when it will reveal my glory.  Know that nothing can ever add to my glory, but the glory of my name that has been from everlasting can be revealed in the manifestation of my strength through the prayer of the righteous.  Only prayer offered in absolute surrender will please me to act with the fullness of my strength as this is the prayer that will reveal my glory to others.

Application:
Today I am to seek the Lord in prayer with a trembling, knowing that He desires to reveal His glory by answering my prayers offered in Jesus name.
Today I am to labor at my sanctification and surrender that I may not be hindered in my prayers.
Today I am to align my will with His in order to participate with the fulfillment of His purpose.
Today I am to pray for other men
Today I am to pray for my family
Today I am to pray for the leadership of my church

Prayer:
Lord, please conform me to your Son's image.  Please show me Lord, how to live.  Please tell me Lord, for what/whom to pray for that I may partner in your cause.  Let me see powerful effective prayer not as something abstract but rather grant me the faith and humility to come to the alter and make my petition, knowing that you desire to glorify your name.  Lord, let me be faithful to your calling regarding prayer.  Please let me hear your voice and grant me the faith and resolve to pray as you call me to participate in your work.  Let me not miss opportunities to glorify your name Lord, but let me be blessed and encouraged through this opportunity to participate in your purpose.

In Jesus name I pray, amen.

Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting- I will probably post it if you dont seem to be a crazy person!