Why Follow?

Let me be an encouragement to you that you may see there is joy in surrendering your time to the Lord. Join me in spending the first part of your day with our Savior! I recommend journaling and meditating on what you see in the Word...

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Be Ready!

Today's Reading: Leviticus 24
Leviticus 24:2 (ESV)“Command the people of Israel to bring you pure oil from beaten olives for the lamp, that a light may be kept burning regularly.

Personalize it method (Rick Warren's 40 Days in the Word): Lord thank you for your Word- please illuminate it today and teach me. In Jesus name I pray, amen.


From the Teacher's Bible Commentary-
The passage.—Here several unrelated acts are tied together by the idea of holy people acting in a holy manner.
Special points.—The holy worship (vv. 2–9) indicates continual prayers (the burning lamps) and continual Thanksgiving (the bread on the table).
Paschall, F. H., & Hobbs, H. H. (1972). The teacher's Bible commentary: A concise, thorough interpretation of the entire Bible designed especially for Sunday School teachers (91). Nashville: Broadman and Holman Publishers.
From "Be Holy" by Wiersbe-
I personally think that the golden lampstand first of all symbolizes the Word of God, the light that God gives us in this dark world (Ps. 119:105, 130; 2 Peter 1:19). The unconverted can’t see or understand the light of the Word of God because they lack the ministry of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 2:9–16). Nobody outside the holy place could see the light from the golden lampstand, but those within appreciated its light.
Apart from the light of the Word, God’s servants can’t see where they are or what they’re doing, nor can they serve God effectively. The lampstand gave light so the priest could burn the incense on the golden altar, and apart from the Scriptures, we can’t pray effectively (Ps. 141:1–2; John 15:5; Acts 6:4). The light from the lampstand illuminated the beautiful hangings in the holy place and also revealed the bread on the golden table. The illuminating ministry of the Spirit of God makes the things of God real and clear to us.
Wiersbe, W. W. (1996). Be holy (112–113). Wheaton, Ill.: Victor Books.
Acts 6:4 (ESV)But we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word.”
Always be ready for my coming Jeff. Always be alert and never cease from seeking me in my Word and in prayer. Do you know a better way to abide in me but through this obedience?  You cannot muster up a continuous faith that chooses me when it is not easy Jeff. This takes the filling of my Spirit and you need to meditate and focus on my Word for his filling and anointing on your life. You meet me here and trust me to do the work in you that I began Jeff. Trust in me and I will enter and dine with you.
Luke 12:35–36 (ESV)35 “Stay dressed for action and keep your lamps burning, 36 and be like men who are waiting for their master to come home from the wedding feast, so that they may open the door to him at once when he comes and knocks.
Jeff, to disregard this command from my Son is spiritual suicide. You are incapable of doing good without me and you are designed to operate in relationship with me. You cannot forsake the connection and the focus on me if you expect anything but a worldly existence. This is the daily denial and the death on the cross each day where you need, for your own good, to surrender. Surrender first your time to meet with me and I will learn you on what else is to come.
John 15:5 (ESV)I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
I make my home in the one who is humble, contrite, and trembles at my Word Jeff…
Isaiah 66:2 (ESV)  All these things my hand has made,
and so all these things came to be,
declares the Lord.
  But this is the one to whom I will look:
he who is humble and contrite in spirit
and trembles at my word.
Application and Prayer:
  • Today Lord I will not forsake my meeting with you and I will always plan first on this priority 
  • Today Lord I will trust not in my ability but in your action in me found in surrender
  • Today I will humble myself and choose your Word over my sleep
  • Today I will be contrite and I will acknowledge that I am incapable except by your filling to live this life for you
  • Today I will value your Word and I will fear you
Thank you Lord for loving me and for allowing me to meet you here in this quiet place each day. Guide me today and bless my path. In Jesus name I pray, amen.

Soli Deo Gloria!
View blog from a computer or iPad for more content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting- I will probably post it if you dont seem to be a crazy person!