Why Follow?

Let me be an encouragement to you that you may see there is joy in surrendering your time to the Lord. Join me in spending the first part of your day with our Savior! I recommend journaling and meditating on what you see in the Word...

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Reflect and Do Not Forget


Today's Reading: Leviticus 23

Regular Rest-
Leviticus 23:3 (ESV)“Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, a holy convocation. You shall do no work. It is a Sabbath to the Lord in all your dwelling places.


Personalize it method (Rick Warren's 40 Days in the Word): Lord please let me see your message for me in your Word today. I ask this in Jesus name, amen.

For your own sake I call you to recognize my provision and to rest in me weekly Jeff.  Do not make the mistake of forsaking the fellowship and remember that I created the sabbath for you, that you would benefit from this centering and this regular focus on me.

Remember the Passover-
Leviticus 23:5 (ESV)In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at twilight, is the Lord’s Passover.
My Son's blood is the only reason the the "destroyer" passes over anyone today Jeff. Celebrate and always remember my Son's sacrifice in your life and within your family. I did not spare my own child Jeff in order to spare you and yours as was the due penalty for your own decisions.

First Fruits Offering-
Leviticus 23:10–11 (ESV)10 “Speak to the people of Israel and say to them, When you come into the land that I give you and reap its harvest, you shall bring the sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest to the priest, 11 and he shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, so that you may be accepted. On the day after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it.
See that this very practical offering had to be given in a certain way to be accepted Jeff. Your tithe also should be given with a generous and thankful heart that is glad. If you do not bring your offering in this way Jeff you are better to keep it.

Consider the Poor-
Leviticus 23:22 (ESV)22 “And when you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap your field right up to its edge, nor shall you gather the gleanings after your harvest. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the Lord your God.”
Another reminder Jeff that you should consider the poor and you should hold back of your "harvest" for this purpose. Seek me in this and I will lead you. 

Afflict Yourself-
Leviticus 23:27 (ESV)27 “Now on the tenth day of this seventh month is the Day of Atonement. It shall be for you a time of holy convocation, and you shall afflict yourselves and present a food offering to the Lord.
Jeff, see that there is cause to fast when you need to remember. Here I called my people to fast as they offered sacrifice for their atonement as seemingly accomplished by the sacrifice officiated by the high priest.  Now I call you to remember the sacrifice of my Son and afflict yourself to remember and to separate the gifts from the giver that He may reign in your heart as your high priest that you would not lean on your own strength or ability to deliver the sacrifice that He alone was worthy of.

Regular and Continuous Acknowledgement-
Leviticus 23:38 (ESV)38 besides the Lord’s Sabbaths and besides your gifts and besides all your vow offerings and besides all your freewill offerings, which you give to the Lord.
Jeff- notice that I call my people to regularly take steps to acknowledge me and express their reliance on my provision for earthly and spiritual matters.  See also that all this description of feasts and remembrances is all in addition to each other and to the regular weekly sabbath. See that you do not seek to divide your offerings when I call you to consider the poor or to bless someone here or there as I do not divide my blessing or my love for you. Your offerings are not from the gladness of your heart if you divide it from what you had predetermined to give Jeff. Place your trust and your hope and your value in me and not in money or the cares, riches, and pleasures of this world Jeff.

Legacy-
Leviticus 23:43 (ESV)43 that your generations may know that I made the people of Israel dwell in booths when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.”
Jeff, be certain to not forget what I have done in your life and in your family. Always teach your children to remember my works and to pass this knowledge to their children lest your family forget and walk in a different direction generations down the line. Here I remind my peple that I brought them out of Egypt by my miraculous power demonstrated through Moses and they were provided for in the midst of the barren desert. So too I deliver you Jeff and I am your provider in the midst of this lush but deceptive land of plenty. Remember the tents Jeff and let your heart not rest with the offerings of this world that is under the princehood of the enemy.

Application and Prayer:
  • Today I will remember your sacrifice Lord, I will remember your love
  • Today I will be mindful that it is by the word of your power that I even maintain an existence at all
  • Today I will give joyfully and I wil not divide my tithe
  • Today I wil consider the poor
  • Today I will seek to extend a legacy to my children that remembers your works and remembers your covenant
Thank you for your Word Lord. Lead me through my day Lord and let me be constantly remembering who you are and what you have done for me. I ask this in Jesus name, amen.

Soli Deo Gloria!
View blog from a computer or iPad for more content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting- I will probably post it if you dont seem to be a crazy person!