Why Follow?

Let me be an encouragement to you that you may see there is joy in surrendering your time to the Lord. Join me in spending the first part of your day with our Savior! I recommend journaling and meditating on what you see in the Word...

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Please Teach Me Lord


Today's Reading: Psalm 25

Teach Me Lord-
Psalm 25:4–5 (ESV)  Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
teach me your paths.
  Lead me in your truth and teach me,
for you are the God of my salvation;
for you I wait all the day long.

Teach me Lord and give me revelation in this quiet place. Teach me to understand who you are and to understand what makes you smile. Bring your Word to my mind each day as I face decisions and opportunities Lord. Let me see the path and may I not look to the left or the right Lord. The sum or your Words is truth Lord…please teach me the whole of your Word and your glory. Let my heart not be given to another Lord but let me serve you only as you are my God...
Psalm 86:11 (ESV) 11  Teach me your way, O Lord,
that I may walk in your truth;
unite my heart to fear your name.
"Unite"
יחד yḥd join; concentrate
 3161. יָחַד yachad (402d); a prim. root; to be united:—unite(1), united(2). 
NASB Dictionaries

Please give me a united heart Lord that is focused on you and that yields to you alone. May I not have other motives or passions but your glory Lord. But to know you and abide in you and dine with you Lord. But to know your fullness Lord...
Jeremiah 32:39–41 (ESV)39 I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear me forever, for their own good and the good of their children after them. 40 I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me. 41 I will rejoice in doing them good, and I will plant them in this land in faithfulness, with all my heart and all my soul.
Lord thank you that you rejoice in doing me good and that you put your entire heart and soul into delivering me and fulfilling your promises to me! What can hinder the fullness of intent and being of the unstoppable creator of the universe! 
Psalm 119:66 (ESV) 66  Teach me good judgment and knowledge,
for I believe in your commandments.
Lord please give me understanding as I fear you and bless me with wisdom that I might lead my family as you have commissioned me.  Lord as the God of my salvation, let me wait on you and let me not try to be in charge of my salvation or in charge of my sanctification…
Isaiah 30:18 (ESV) 18  Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you,
and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you.
  For the Lord is a God of justice;
blessed are all those who wait for him.
Thank you Lord that you are gracious and merciful and that this is an exaltation to you…that you find justice in this. Thank you Lord that although justice to me would be condemnation, you have designed a way that justice for me is now mercy and grace and this is solely because of your loving kindness in offering up your Son as my replacement. Thank you Lord! 

Thank you Lord that you wait upon us to seek you and to surrender to you. That you are merciful to us for your name's sake when we stray and you eagerly wait for us to humble ourselves...

From the Matthew Henry Commentary-
The mercy in store for them is very affectingly expressed. (1.) “He will wait to be gracious (v. 18); he will wait till you return to him and seek his face, and then he will be ready to meet you with mercy. He will wait, that he may do it in the best and fittest time, when it will be most for his glory, when it will come to you with the most pleasing surprise. He will continually follow you with his favours, and not let slip any opportunity of being gracious to you.’ ’ (2.) “He will stir up himself to deliver you, will be exalted, will be raised up out of his holy habitation (Zec. 2:13), that he may appear for you in more than ordinary instances of power and goodness; and thus he will be exalted, that is, he will glorify his own name. This is what he aims at in having mercy on his people.’ ’
Henry, M. (1996). Matthew Henry's commentary on the whole Bible : Complete and unabridged in one volume (Is 30:18–26). Peabody: Hendrickson.
For the Sake of Your Goodness!-
Psalm 25:6–7 (ESV)  Remember your mercy, O Lord, and your steadfast love,
for they have been from of old.
  Remember not the sins of my youth or my transgressions;
according to your steadfast love remember me,
for the sake of your goodness, O Lord!
I praise you Lord that you have separated my sins from me and that you have acted for the sake of your goodness, for the sake of your name. Thank you Lord that you do not save me for the sake of anything in me, but because you love me and you choose to deliver me.

Fear and then Friend-
Psalm 25:12 (ESV) 12  Who is the man who fears the Lord?
Him will he instruct in the way that he should choose.
 
Psalm 25:14 (ESV) 14  The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear him,
and he makes known to them his covenant.
Lord please let me always humble myself before you as I would do without choice in your physical presence. Let me start from this place of understanding that it is only by your choice to kill your Son that I am able to call you friend. Let me not come to you with entitlement or with expectation that you deliver a circumstance to me Lord. Please guide me as I surrender to you and as I serve you with every breath.

Forgive me and Help me Lord-
Psalm 25:18 (ESV) 18  Consider my affliction and my trouble,
and forgive all my sins.
Lord please show me any wicked way in me and let me repent of my sin. Please forgive me and let me never be deceived and then face your discipline and correction. Please deliver me from painful circumstances I might face according to your will Lord and may you be glorified in this. Let my deliverance bring you glory as I walk in integrity and as I put my trust in you, not in this world or in a specific outcome Lord.
Psalm 25:20–21 (ESV) 20  Oh, guard my soul, and deliver me!
Let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you.
 21  May integrity and uprightness preserve me,
for I wait for you.
Soli Deo Gloria!
View blog from a computer or iPad for more content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting- I will probably post it if you dont seem to be a crazy person!