Why Follow?

Let me be an encouragement to you that you may see there is joy in surrendering your time to the Lord. Join me in spending the first part of your day with our Savior! I recommend journaling and meditating on what you see in the Word...

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Do it My Way

Today's Reading: Leviticus 18-19

Don't follow the crowd- Leviticus 18:3
Leviticus 18:3 (ESV)You shall not do as they do in the land of Egypt, where you lived, and you shall not do as they do in the land of Canaan, to which I am bringing you. You shall not walk in their statutes.

Comments: So the Lord did not require much of me in prayer today (good, bad, or indifferent- my performance doesn't matter!) and therefore I had time for this study...


Personalize it method (Rick Warren's 40 Days in the Word): Please reveal yourself to me in your Word today Lord Jesus, amen.


Do not be fooled into accepting a cultural norm like consumerism Jeff.  What others do in no way should direct what you do.  You are a fool to determine your path by comparing against others.  Look only to me.  See my Son as your example, look to my Word for guidance…
Leviticus 18:4 (ESV)You shall follow my rules and keep my statutes and walk in them. I am the Lord your God.
See that I call you not only to keep (be aware,watch) my statutes (my commands) but also to walk in them (to go, come).  I call you to be a doer of the Word Jeff, not just a hearer.  So lean on my Word rather than comparing against or considering the world's deeds and then do what I have commanded!  Am I not the LORD?
Ecclesiastes 12:13 (ESV)13 The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.
To hear and not do is deception and it hardens your heart, damages your soul...
James 1:22 (ESV)22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 
Hebrews 3:13 (ESV)13 But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.
I am in Control- Leviticus 18:5
Leviticus 18:5 (ESV)You shall therefore keep my statutes and my rules; if a person does them, he shall live by them: I am the Lord.
Know that I am in control Jeff: I am Lord.  I will always work things out for good for those that love me and are called…
Romans 8:28 (ESV)28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
So recall that I said those that love me will keep my commandments...
John 14:15 (ESV)15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
Know that you should follow my commands if you want full application of this promise Jeff.  Many of my promises have qualification and this is no exception.  I work things out for good for those that love me, for those that walk according to my Word.  I am not saying you must be perfect Jeff, I am saying that you need to be striving after me and be walking in the light…then I will exercise full control and all will work out for good (recall that the good is your conformance into the likeness of my Son).

Only my Son will do- Leviticus 19:5
Leviticus 19:5 (ESV)“When you offer a sacrifice of peace offerings to the Lord, you shall offer it so that you may be accepted.
Jeff- See that Moses outlined some disqualifiers for this sacrifice...the only worthy sacrifice is my Son.  Do not rely on your efforts or your "best" as you might compare against another.  Your obedience will not be prefect and I am a perfect God.  Reply only on my Son, add nothing.  Simply walk uprightly because of your gratitude and love for Him since he first loved you…this will evidence the truth of my Spirit's presence in you and now Romans 8:28 is alive to you!

Fasting of Consumerism- Leviticus 19:9
Leviticus 19:9–10 (ESV)“When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap your field right up to its edge, neither shall you gather the gleanings after your harvest. 10 And you shall not strip your vineyard bare, neither shall you gather the fallen grapes of your vineyard. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the Lord your God.
I don't know how much more plainly I might tell you this Jeff.  You are called to hold back some of your income for the poor.  See that the reaper held back and left grapes and other harvest behind.  Do you see that this farmer would then be tithing to me based on what he reaped?  Consider Jeff that this giving to the poor is separate and in addition to your tithe Jeff.  You should be fasting of consumerism to accomplish this as pointed out by my prophet Isaiah...
Isaiah 58:6–11 (ESV)  “Is not this the fast that I choose:
to loose the bonds of wickedness,
to undo the straps of the yoke,
  to let the oppressed go free,
and to break every yoke?
  Is it not to share your bread with the hungry 
and bring the homeless poor into your house;
  when you see the naked, to cover him,
and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?
  Then shall your light break forth like the dawn,
and your healing shall spring up speedily;
  your righteousness shall go before you;
the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
  Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;
you shall cry, and he will say, ‘Here I am.’
  If you take away the yoke from your midst,
the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,
 10  if you pour yourself out for the hungry
and satisfy the desire of the afflicted,
  then shall your light rise in the darkness
and your gloom be as the noonday.
 11  And the Lord will guide you continually
and satisfy your desire in scorched places
and make your bones strong;
  and you shall be like a watered garden,
like a spring of water,
whose waters do not fail.
See also how my blessings will follow the doing of this Word Jeff!

Application and Prayer:
  • Today I will look to your Word for my example in all things
  • Today I will be a doer and not only know your commands, but walk in them
  • Today I will trust you for the outcome and have faith that the result will be good in accordance to your work to conform me into your Son's image
  • Today I will not trust or put hope or take pride in my performance but instead I will trust only in your Son
  • Today I will consider the poor.
Thank you Lord for your great love and care for us!  In Jesus name I pray, amen.

Soli Deo Gloria!
View blog from a computer or iPad for more content.

1 comment:

  1. I had an opportunity to a see a documentary my old friend created and was shown at Newport Mesa Church. Check out the website: www.motherindiafilm.com. It was very moving to see them reaching out to these orphans in India who have no one!This is the heart of Christ!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting- I will probably post it if you dont seem to be a crazy person!