Why Follow?

Let me be an encouragement to you that you may see there is joy in surrendering your time to the Lord. Join me in spending the first part of your day with our Savior! I recommend journaling and meditating on what you see in the Word...

Monday, June 4, 2012

Lest He Withdraw




Today's Reading: Leviticus 15-17

Comments: Yesterday's post was added late last night and can be found below this one for today (or click HERE).

Do not withdraw O Lord- Leviticus 15:31
Leviticus 15:31 (ESV)31 “Thus you shall keep the people of Israel separate from their uncleanness, lest they die in their uncleanness by defiling my tabernacle that is in their midst.”

Ezekiel 5:11 (ESV)11 Therefore, as I live, declares the Lord God, surely, because you have defiled my sanctuary with all your detestable things and with all your abominations, therefore I will withdraw. My eye will not spare, and I will have no pity.
Personalize it method (Rick Warren's 40 Days in the Word): Lord, please reveal the message you have for me in your Word today. I ask this in Jesus name, amen.


Be certain Jeff that I will diminish, restrain, yes withdraw my Holy Spirit's influence and power in your life if you would defile the tabernacle of your heart and this is not merely corrected by my grace or mercy. This you live with as the result of your own transgressions...

From the Matthew Henry Commentary-
Let us carefully abstain from all sin, as defiling to the conscience, and particularly from all fleshly lusts, possessing our vessel in sanctification and honour, and not in the lusts of uncleanness, which not only pollute the soul, but war against it, and threaten its ruin. 3. Let us all see how indispensably necessary real holiness is to our future happiness, and get our hearts purified by faith, that we may see God. Perhaps it is in allusion to these laws which forbade the unclean to approach the sanctuary that when it is asked, Who shall stand in God’s holy place? it is answered, He that hath clean hands and a pure heart (Ps. 24:3, 4); for without holiness no man shall see the Lord.Henry, M. (1996). Matthew Henry's commentary on the whole Bible : Complete and unabridged in one volume (Le 15:19–33). Peabody: Hendrickson.


Be certain to follow my instructionLeviticus 16:1 


Leviticus 16:1–2 (ESV)16 The Lord spoke to Moses after the death of the two sons of Aaron, when they drew near before the Lord and died, and the Lord said to Moses, “Tell Aaron your brother not to come at any time into the Holy Place inside the veil, before the mercy seat that is on the ark, so that he may not die. For I will appear in the cloud over the mercy seat.
See that I prescribe a very particular process and I expect only the high priest to enter the most holy portion of the tabernacle and only on one day each year to make atonement for the people's sin. I killed Aaron's sons who dared enter this space not according to my direction. 
Hebrews 9:6–8 (ESV)These preparations having thus been made, the priests go regularly into the first section, performing their ritual duties, but into the second only the high priest goes, and he but once a year, and not without taking blood, which he offers for himself and for the unintentional sins of the people. By this the Holy Spirit indicates that the way into the holy places is not yet opened as long as the first section is still standing
Jeff, if you are to enter into communion with me be certain to rest on my Son who is the true high priest and be certain you cleanse yourself through confession and repentance if you expect to enter into this most holy place where I will communicate with you as I did over the mercy seat of the tabernacle.



Repentance is MandatoryLeviticus 17:16 


Leviticus 17:16 (ESV)16 But if he does not wash them or bathe his flesh, he shall bear his iniquity.”
Jeff, notice that atonement by the priest happened once a year but their was personal responsibility for washing and cleansing when one becomes unclean...confession and repentance up to you and should happen in the course of a daily ongoing personal relationship! This confession and this repentance is not optional and is not relieved by the sacrifice…the sacrifice is actually not accepted without it!!  See that the atonement would not be accepted if the priest were to enter the most holy when he was yet unclean…death was the result.

So too, you must understand that I call for you to have a blameless heart. Do not brush aside the need to walk uprightly and to repent of all your sin Jeff. Note that the descriptions related to bearing iniquity in Lev 17:16 and Lev 5:1 indicate a need for action.
Numbers 19:20 (ESV)20 “If the man who is unclean does not cleanse himself, that person shall be cut off from the midst of the assembly, since he has defiled the sanctuary of the Lord. Because the water for impurity has not been thrown on him, he is unclean.
You cannot wait for me to handle this for you Jeff. You must move in obedience and be a doer of the Word. You must confess and repent Jeff. Do not mock me and do not mistake my grace as a removal of my justice and righteousness...
Leviticus 5:1 (ESV)“If anyone sins in that he hears a public adjuration to testify, and though he is a witness, whether he has seen or come to know the matter, yet does not speak, he shall bear his iniquity;
John 8:12 (ESV)12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” 
1 John 1:6 (ESV)If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
Don't waste your life Jeff living in my withdrawal. Do not allow presumptuous, willing, sin to remain in your life. Do not falsely presume in your heart for your own satisfaction, that Kent or anyone else is referring to presumptuous sin when they mention from the pulpit that we all have sin and that we will all sin even today…know that there is sin that we might in the moment mistakenly participate in by failure in the moment or there is sin that we choose and enter into willingly. This willing sin is presumptuous and is not what we should expect to exist in our life and we should never tolerate this. The consequences of this sin will remain regardless of the cross and the atonement. Do not waste your life only to be saved as though by fire…smelling of the world and having no fruit, no gift to offer in the last day. Enter into the rich experience of eternal life today Jeff…why deprive yourself and not have this intimate relationship with me now?

Application and Prayer:

  • Today I will pray for and take action to maintain a holy tabernacle to you in my heart
  • Today I will study your Word and follow your instruction that I might be cleansed and able to abide in you
  • Today I will confess any sin and I will turn from it immediately
  • Today, by the grace of God and thanks to his indwelling Spirit, I will not allow any presumptuous (willing) sin to return or have dominion over me

Thank you Lord for loving me so and for the guidance of your Word. Thank you for the beautiful blessing of your Son Jesus being more and more revealed to me as I surrender my will to yours in loving obedience.  In Jesus name I pray, amen.

Soli Deo Gloria!
View blog from a computer or iPad for more content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting- I will probably post it if you dont seem to be a crazy person!