Why Follow?

Let me be an encouragement to you that you may see there is joy in surrendering your time to the Lord. Join me in spending the first part of your day with our Savior! I recommend journaling and meditating on what you see in the Word...

Friday, June 8, 2012

May my Heart Beat for You Lord

Good morning!

Praise God for His goodness and his faithfulness. He is surely alive and working in the lives of so many men right now that I am caught up in His glory! Please please seek Him in prayer and in His Word daily as you will find Him there and He will dine with you. I may add to this post during lunch but for now here is a reflection of scripture that God put on my heart while hiking in Yosemite last weekend...
Lamentations 3:22–24 (ESV)22  The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
23  they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24  “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”

Lord- You are my everything.  I will hope only in you.  Not in any circumstances.  I will not hope in or take ownership in receiving or avoiding any circumstance but I know your mercy and your faithfulness never ceases.  I will be content in you no matter what good I am missing or what bad I am receiving for my hope shall ever be in you, not your gifts or outcomes of whatever circumstances I might look upon.  Own my heart Lord. 
Psalm 73:25–26 (ESV)25  Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
26  My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Lord, let my heart beat for you each day. Let me desire nothing over you. Let me hunger to show others this love that you have for us. Teach me how to love with this love Lord and purify my heart. Give me such a Jesus focus Lord that I can faintly see anything else.

You are truth Lord and your promises never fail because it is impossible.  The moment a Word leaves your mouth it is reality...only you are the creator. Only you define truth Lord...
Psalm 119:160 (ESV)160  The sum of your word is truth,
and every one of your righteous rules endures forever.
Soli Deo Gloria!
View blog from a computer or iPad for more content.

1 comment:

  1. Jeff, what great insight you impose on us. I appreciate your being here for us to gain some insight on the greatness of God through this blog. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting- I will probably post it if you dont seem to be a crazy person!