Why Follow?

Let me be an encouragement to you that you may see there is joy in surrendering your time to the Lord. Join me in spending the first part of your day with our Savior! I recommend journaling and meditating on what you see in the Word...

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I am With You- Who Can Challenge Me?


Today's Reading: Acts 25


Comments: No time to clean this up this morning!



Hatred for Paul-


Acts 25:1–3 (ESV)
25 Now three days after Festus had arrived in the province, he went up to Jerusalem from Caesarea. And the chief priests and the principal men of the Jews laid out their case against Paul, and they urged him, asking as a favor against Paul that he summon him to Jerusalem—because they were planning an ambush to kill him on the way.


From the Jamieson Commentary-
laying wait … to kill him—How deep must have been their hostility, when two years after the defeat of their former attempt, they thirst as keenly as ever for his blood! Their plea for having the case tried at Jerusalem, where the alleged offense took place, was plausible enough; but from Ac 25:10 it would seem that Festus had been made acquainted with their causeless malice, and that in some way which Paul was privy to.

See how the Jewish leaders hated Paul Jeff. Their entire system under which they had built their lives, and more- their reputations- was under attack by the testimony of Paul. Although he was in jail for two years they still feared him and needed him dead to protect their way of life. It is a huge thing Jeff when surrender to the Lordship of my Son is the only answer. Many people will have an understanding of life and even of religion or of my Word that falls short of the conlusion to surrender all to me and to trust only in me Jeff. Some will kill, some will ignore, some will refuse to listen to the testimony my Spirit would bring to them- this is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit Jeff. Refusal to accept the truth and refusal to receive the testimony of my Spirit and subsequent regenereation is the unpardonable sin. From this sin of not trusting in my revelation of truth there is no salvation Jeff. Satan fell to this mistrust and he tries to keep mankind  in this mistrust Jeff, hence the great commission. Your fight is against this enemy Jeff. I have no fight with him, recall that I created him and he only remains in existance, as does all of creation, by the Word of the power of my Son…

Colossians 1:15–17 (ESV)
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. 17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Hebrews 1:1–3 (ESV)
Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

If the very existence of this enemy depends on my Son maintaining him Jeff, how would you think that he has any power against me or to thwart my purposes?…

1 John 4:4 (ESV)
Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.



Rely not on your own understanding-


Acts 25:4–5 (ESV)
Festus replied that Paul was being kept at Caesarea and that he himself intended to go there shortly. “So,” said he, “let the men of authority among you go down with me, and if there is anything wrong about the man, let them bring charges against him.”

Notice how Festus changed his mind and ended up offering Paul the option of going to Jerusalem to be tried…

Acts 25:20 (ESV)
20 Being at a loss how to investigate these questions, I asked whether he wanted to go to Jerusalem and be tried there regarding them.

See that Festus thought more of himself perhaps than he should have initially on this matter of being able to resolve this issue.  Remember Jeff to always seek my wisdom and rely not on your own understanding to find the right path or to solve the dilemmas that life presents you.



God is alive!-


Acts 25:19 (ESV)
19 Rather they had certain points of dispute with him about their own religion and about a certain Jesus, who was dead, but whom Paul asserted to be alive.

From Luke the Historian-
“about a dead man, Jesus, whom Paul asserted to be alive” The resurrection was one the central pillars of the sermons (kerygma, see Special Topic at 2:13) in Acts (cf. 26:8). Christianity stands or falls on this theological assertion (cf. I Cor. 15).

Yes Jeff this is the message that all the world needs to know. Jesus, my Son, is not dead but He is alive and His Spirit lives in you! Live this message Jeff. Let not your christianity be a ticket to a future party…let my Son ignite your soul today. Let my Holy Spirit reside powerfully in you and may you radiate my glory through your obedience, through your willing surrender and the resulting transformation of your mind and your desires. See then how the desires of your heart will be fulfilled. See then how the prayers you offer in this newly transformed mind will be answered in spades! Let not your hope be for a future Jeff, let the life in my Son be a present and active reality that drives every breath you take.  Do not be so distracted by the rest of my creation to not see the creator. Know that I am on the throne and the angels shout with a shout that moves foundations "Holy Holy Holy is the LORD God almighty!" even now as you sit there in your home and as you drive to work. Do not forget this as you walk into the store or into the restaurant or into your house tonight. Listen for the angels shout Jeff, listen carefully. Never forget to listen. 

Revelation 4:8 (ESV)
And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all around and within, and day and night they never cease to say, 
  “Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, 
who was and is and is to come!”

Isaiah 6:1–4 (ESV)
In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said: 
  “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; 
  the whole earth is full of his glory!” 
And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke.



Herod Agrippa II to offer insight-


Acts 25:26 (ESV)
26 But I have nothing definite to write to my lord about him. Therefore I have brought him before you all, and especially before you, King Agrippa, so that, after we have examined him, I may have something to write.

From the Bible Knowledge Commentary-
The King Agrippa referred to here was Agrippa II, son of Herod Agrippa I (12:1) and a great-grandson of Herod the Great (Matt. 2:1). (See the chart on the Herods at Luke 1:5.) At this time he was a young man of about 30 years of age and the ruler of territories northeast of Palestine with the title of King. Because he was a friend of the Roman imperial family he was awarded the privilege of appointing the Jewish high priest and also had been made the custodian of the temple treasury. His background made him eminently qualified to hear Paul; he was well acquainted with the Jews’ religion (cf. Acts 25:26-27).



The charges against me-


Acts 25:27 (ESV)
27 For it seems to me unreasonable, in sending a prisoner, not to indicate the charges against him.”

Know that the enemy will constantly bring charges against you Jeff and you will feel his accusations. Trust in my Son, ask that my Spirit search your heart and reveal any wicked way in you. Know that my conviction is loving and I draw you to myself. The enemy delivers guilt and he tries to separate what I have joined…

Romans 8:33 (ESV)
33 Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies.

Know that I have chosen you and there is nothing that the enemy can do to reverse that Jeff. He may only fool you into being guilty and try to get you cught up in the thorns that your fruit may not mature until you are brought home to me...

Zechariah 3:1–4 (ESV)
Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to accuse him. And the Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, O Satan! The Lord who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is not this a brand plucked from the fire?” Now Joshua was standing before the angel, clothed with filthy garments. And the angel said to those who were standing before him, “Remove the filthy garments from him.” And to him he said, “Behold, I have taken your iniquity away from you, and I will clothe you with pure vestments.”

Application and Prayer: To come later today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting- I will probably post it if you dont seem to be a crazy person!